The Proficiency test is one of quality assurance program for a laboratory in accordance with the requirements of the management system of laboratory accreditation requirements based on SNI ISO/IEC 17025: 2008, This program is made to meet the needs of accreditation for laboratories that will do the accreditation or already accredited to SNI ISO/IEC 17025:2008. This Accreditation activity done by KAN-National Accreditation Committee as an independent institution that has authority to accredit a lab test/calibration required for all laboratories have been accredited for Proficiency test at minimum of 1 years. In clause 5.9.1 standard Point SNI ISO/IEC 17025: 2008 mentioned related to quality assurance Testing and calibration Results, it reads:
The laboratory shall have quality control procedures for monitoring the validity of tests and calibrations undertaken. The resulting Data must be recorded in a way that trends can be detected, and if it is possible the statistical techniques should be applied to the results assessment. Such monitoring must be planned and assessed as well as include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The regularity of the use of certified reference and/or internal quality control using secondary reference materials
- Participation in the appeal test of the laboratory or proficiency test program
- A replica of testing or calibration using the same or different method
- Re- calibration test on the same or different object
- Re- calibration testing of the remaining goods
- The correlation of the results for different characteristics of an item"